Applying a functional approach to the yin yoga practice
This workshop is suitable for anyone interested in learning more about Functional yoga and how we apply this theory to the Yin yoga style and practice. It includes a two-hour lecture, complimentary tea break, Yin yoga asana personal practical’s exploring your individual body structure, and an e-manual of the whole workshop.
Detailed informations –
Functional yoga is based on the scientifically proven premise that our skeleton system varies from individual to individual, from one side of the body to the other, and also, the shape of one attached bone to the other. Therefore, we can learn to use functional movements based on these individual biomechanics to improve both our yoga performance and understanding of our skeletal individuality.
When we judge our yoga pose by what it looks like, rather than what it feels like, often the intention or the purpose of the pose can become lost.
Instead of focusing on how the pose may look, called an aesthetic goal, we can focus on both the purpose of the pose and the functionality of our own body. We can then apply this theory to both the Yin yoga practice and our other yoga styles.
This offers an empowering approach as we learn to honour and enjoy being in our own skin. This will allow you to progress physically, mentally, and spiritually within all your yoga practices. Inviting self-acceptance and compassion, which you can take with you through your continuing yoga journey.
As we take a functional approach, we learn to enjoy our yoga practice, healthily and safely,
By the end of this workshop, you will learn how you look in a pose is irrelevant: but what is important is what you feel in the pose.
Key aspects covered within this workshop –
- An overview of skeletal differences in the spine, hips, and shoulders.
- Learn how to recognise and feel a muscle stretch compared to a bone hitting bone.
- Exploring functional movements for your body and how to adapt a healthy functional approach by embracing the use of variations, allowing you to work more mindfully and safely.
- Understand how we apply this to the Yin yoga practice, what is a target area within the Yin yoga asana and how we take fascia shapes to access these target areas.
- Feel confident in your ability to change what you are doing within your Yin yoga and general yoga practice and find a pose that suits your body biomechanics as you develop trust in yourself and your deep innate wisdom.
TIME – 1.30 PM – 5.45 PM
COST – 800IDR
An e-manual of the whole workshop will be provided. You can save it to your choice of device, download it, and print it.
This is a 4-hour Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training. A certificate will be awarded on completion. For registered teachers, these hours can be counted towards your continuing education requirements.
Past Events – Will be back in August
Understanding the Meridian System within Yin Yoga
This two-day comprehensive workshop will gently guide you through the energetic body system according to Traditional Chinese Medicine.
We will explore a general overview of what is the Meridian system and the 3 basic functions in relation to the physical body.
Learn More –
We will look at the 12 classical meridians that nourish and connect the organs of the body with life force also known as prana, Ki, or Chi.
You will be shown the physical location, specific organ connectivity, and the physical/emotional disharmonies that can occur affecting our overall physical/emotional/energetic system.
Each day includes a delicious evening of deep Yin yoga reflective practice – the first day explores the lower body meridians and on the second day the upper body meridians.
BOTH DAYS TIME – 8.30 am – 12.30 pm
2 pm – 5.45 pm.
COST – 1.5million IDR
An e-manual of the whole workshop will be provided. You can save to your choice of device, download, and print.
This is a 15-hour Yoga Alliance Accredited Teacher Training. A certificate will be awarded on completion. For registered teachers, these hours can be counted towards your continuing education requirements.
Yin Yoga for beginners
This workshop is suitable for both yoga practitioners and complete beginners who are interested in learning more about the Yin yoga principle fundamentals, benefits, and practice. It includes a two-hour interactive lecture, complimentary tea break, reflective full body Yin yoga practice, deep relaxation, and e-manual.
The workshop’s key themes include –
What is Yin yoga
- The origin of Yin yoga
- Connection to the Meridian system
- Understanding fascia our connective tissue
- Physical, emotional and mental connectivity
- How the Yin yoga practice differs from our more active styles
Yin yoga benefits
- Body/mind balance
- Benefits to the physical body
- Connections with the energetic body
- Impact on the nervous system
- Releasing old wounds
- Increasing our sensing ability
- Developing introspection
The 5 stages of the Yin yoga practice
- Understand the 5 principles stages of the Yin yoga practice
- Understand what is the Rebound within the Yin yoga practice and why it is an essential component of this style of yoga.
The Bitter/Sweet stages of Yin yoga
- Learn the 4-fundamental bitter/sweet stages we can experience during this beautiful style.
TIME – 1.30 PM – 5.45 PM
COST – 500IDR
An illustrated e-manual of the whole workshop will be provided. You can save to your own choice of device, download, and/or print.
This is a 4-hour Yoga Alliance Accredited Continuing Education Training. A certificate will be awarded on completion. For registered yoga teachers, these hours can be counted towards your continuing education requirements.